Rainy Day Activities for Kids
on Monday, April 5, 2021
April showers bring May flowers. And as many parents know, they can also bring restless children inside the house wondering what they can do when they can't play outside. Rest assured, there are some fun ways to keep the kids busy — without breaking your budget.
- Set up camp. Get out those sleeping bags and pitch or make a tent indoors. Then toast marshmallows over the stove.
- Create a family photo album. Take out those boxes of photos and organize them into a family photo album.
- Create a recipe book. Ask your kids for their favorite recipes. Then have them write them down, and compile all their favorites into a family recipe book. Have them design the cover and inside pages.
- Design a family magazine. Encourage reading and writing and have some fun by having your children create their own magazine with stories about their favorite topics and interests. Ask them to select a clever name.
- Have a movie marathon. Ask each of your children to pick out their favorite movie and then have a marathon watching session. Don't forget the popcorn.
- Play board games. Board games are a great way to spend time with kids. You may even want to consider making your own board game together and then playing it.
- Play cards. Teach your kids how to play card games or maybe even make a card tower.
- Cook dinner together. Decide on a meal and assign everyone responsibilities to help prepare and serve it.
- Bake. Make some chocolate chip cookies or muffins together
- Do a puzzle. It’s a great opportunity to relax and talk to your children
If you want to get out of the house, consider visiting a museum or library. It doesn't have to be an expensive outing; just one that keeps kids occupied and brings the family together.